Prostate Cancer treatment Melbourne is the cancer of a small walnut shaped gland in men (known as prostrate) that produces the seminal fluid and transports sperm. This is one of the most common types cancer in men which occurs slowly in the gland but may grow if not attended to properly.
Initially, the prostate gland is not affected by the cancerous cells however with the passage of time, it can spread and cause a lot of problems. This is why, it is important to understand the risks involved, and the possible symptoms of prostate cancer beforehand.
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
In the initial state of prostate cancer, there might not be any symptoms or signs notable at all. With the advancement of the stage, there might be some signs and symptoms visible such as:
- Trouble in Urination
- Blood in Semen
- Discomfort and Irritation in Pelvic Area
- Pain in Bones
- Erectile dysfunction
Risk Factors Involved in Prostate Cancer
Some factors that may increase the risk of prostate cancer are:
- Age: Increasing age can be a factor for possible chances of prostate cancer Melbourne.
- Race: Studies suggest that black men have a higher risk of prostate cancer than men of all other races. In black men, the aggression and advancement of prostate cancer is said to be quicker and more advanced.
- Gene: If men have a history of prostate cancer in their inheritance, then the chances are high for you as well. This is similar to family gene of breast cancer in females.
- Obesity: Obese men have been reported with prostate more than normal weighted men and they also face higher stage of disease which becomes difficult to treat.
Preventive Measures for Prostate Cancer
For avoiding diseases such as prostate cancer, it is important to eat a diet full of fruits and vegetables. Try avoiding the fatty foods and instead, go for organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains etc. Such healthy items contain fiber, vitamins and nutrients, that can play a major role in improving your health and preventing you from prostate cancer. Other than this, try using the heathy diet as an alternative to supplements. Supplements can also lead to Prostate Cancer because of the risk of chemicals involved in it.
Exercising daily not only improves your physical health, but mental health as well. Maintaining a good level of energy and weight improves the mood, which lowers the risk of having prostate cancer. It is recommended to exercise for five days a week if not all. For people who are not in habit of exercising, it is recommended to start slow and build up the routine of exercise day by day.
Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Maintaining a healthy body weight is important to save yourself from prostate cancer. Studies confirm that obese men have chances of prostate cancer more than normal weighted men, as well the chances to worsen. You can consult a urologists in Melbourne to help you with weight loss as well.